Children's Book World In West Los Angeles

Happy New Year to all!

During my recent trip to LA over New Year's weekend, I had the chance to visit Children's Book World in West LA. If you have never been to this bookstore, I highly recommend it. It has a very large selection of children's books, from board books to picture books, to teen lit. They carry many titles that the larger chains do not. It has been in existence for about 20 years, although I did not know about it at all until recently when I read about it in MOE Magazine, a Japanese magazine entirely devoted to children's picture books and characters (more on this magazine in another blog entry).

If you attend the SCBWI summer conference this year in LA, you MUST stop by this bookstore. It is a short drive from Century City where the conference is held every year. I could easily have spent sooo much money there, but I restrained myself and bought only 3 books. Check it out!

Comments